SMI Conference 2012 – Call for PapersDec 6th, 2011 | By Ailbhe Kenny | Category: Latest News
The tenth annual conference of the Society for Musicology in Ireland/Aontas Ceoleolaíochta na hÉireann will be hosted by Ceol Oirghialla at Dundalk Institute of Technology from Friday 15 – Sunday 17 June 2012.
The conference committee invites proposals from potential contributors in all areas of musicological study for individual papers, panel papers, lecture recitals or round table sessions.
Each individual paper should be 20 minutes long, followed by 10 minutes’ discussion.
Requirements for proposals
- Proposals for individual papers/lecture recitals should be submitted in the form of an abstract of c.250 words
- For panel sessions related to a common theme the convenor of the panel should submit a rationale of c.300 words along with an abstract of c.250 words for each participant.
- In addition, all proposals should include:
- Full title of each paper
- The full name, contact details and institutional affiliation of each participant
- Short curriculum vitae for all proposed speakers (maximum 150 words per speaker)
- A full list of audiovisual and other requirements (data projector, CD/DVD player, VHS player, OHP, piano, etc.)
The deadline for receipt of proposals/abstracts is Friday 16 December 2011.
Proposals should be sent as e-mail attachments (.doc or .docx or .pdf) to email@example.com.
The programme will be announced in February 2012.